Sunday, October 11, 2009

Love Yourself

So today I decided that I love my hands. I remember when I was little I always admired my mom's hands because they were so thin and feminine. Now I've bitten my nails since I was little, and at this point I kinda wonder if I'll ever stop biting them. But recently even with my stubby nails I looked at my hands and saw the thin fingers and the delicate bone structure and I went wow, I have really feminine hands. And this surprised me because sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder what about me looks feminine at all. And sometimes I can see that my face is feminine other times my eyes or my curves. But there are too many times I look in the mirror and scowl because I don't feel that I look feminine enough.

And this week especially it's somewhat important to find what I like about myself because no matter what all women feel disgusting when it's that time of the month. So even though I feel horrible I had my moment of yay I'm feminine squishyness this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Start with one thing (yay, hands!) and try to add something every week. Make one day per week when you find something you love about yourself.

    I like my hands too. Usually I have nice nails but they've all decided to break at the same time this week. Even though I have fat hands, I have soft hands. The skin is nice. They're feminine.

    I'm so proud of you jumping on in with learning to love yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kath! ^_^ Not feeling so great today but mostly that's me going stir crazy. XD Can't seem to sit still and nothing holds my interest for more than a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete