Saturday, October 24, 2009

Article!

So I logged onto my windows live messenger this morning and whenever I log in I get this little window of current popular articles on all the MSN sights. Well on the Today portion of the MSNBC website I found this article.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/33395019/ns/today-today_relationships/?GT1=43001

It's all about the problems larger women have with online dating and ridicule in their everyday lives. It tells of how some women talk with the guy and then the guy finds out their larger (even if it's written clearly on whatever page they have) he leaves with the excuse that he didn't know or just plain disappears. Other things are the guy is fine till you meet him in person and then he's disappointed.

Now this subject is fairly close to home for me as my own relationship was started online. Mind you we didn't meet through a dating site, but through mutual friends/family. But I get to go to the airport to pick him up today. He's staying with me for a little over a week, and I'm having the usual jitters. XD But those worried feelings are intermixed with a lot of excitement.

But I did try some of the dating sites and found them wanting. People only contact you if they feel your pretty enough on there. And yes online your picture counts for a lot because it's hard to describe yourself in a way that is appealing, or actually portrays who you are.

And on these sites unfortunately for obvious reasons I got ignored. *rolls eyes* So when I was really discouraged a friend introduced me and my honey (her brother-in-law) and things have been going well and I got rid of my account on the site I was on. And I know that online dating can work for some people, it's just harder and both parties have to be realistic.

Anyway I'm gonna end it there so I can clear off the kitchen table and thaw out the corned beef brisket I'm cooking tonight. So wish me luck, and post any progress when I can. (maybe when he's napping)

1 comment:

  1. Here's to everything going swimmingly while you've got your fellow visiting.

    I'm not ever going near online dating again - so many schmucks all in one place!

    ReplyDelete