Sunday, January 10, 2010

Yum! Food!

So I'm cooking a good soup and dumplings recipe I found in the bisquick cookbook. At least it looks and smells good. And by good I mean tasty. And of course being 21 means I get actually cook something like this because the recipe calls for wine. ^_^ Ah so nice being 21.

Anyway I'm intending to cook bread either today or tomorrow. My mother sent me her recipe after a week of asking her about it. But I love my moms homemade bread. It's sooooo good. It's hard to find bread that's comparable to hers. Of course I'm hoping I can make a passable loaf as she has 20 or more years on me in the bread making arena.

So yes I am attempting to keep up with the cooking and baking that I started when I came back from Iowa. Because it's a lot better for me health wise to make things from scratch than to buy boxed items and such. That and so many of the recipes my mother has are a lot better then what you can buy premade or boxed in the store.

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum! Can I come over for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! If you head through Montana on your next trip to the states drop me a line, I have a fold out couch you can use and an air mattress to put on top to make it even more comfy. XD Though my bread didn't come out quite as good as my mom's, that may be due to the water content here.

    ReplyDelete