Thursday, January 28, 2010

Favorite Snack

I know everyone has a favorite snack, be it Pringles, or cookies, or carrots, etc. Me, I love tomatoes. I'm particularly fond of home grown ones, but if I can find good ones in the store I'll go for those too: little cherry tomatoes, big tomatoes the size of your fist, the smaller roma tomato. Recently I've begun using them as a little snack. I feel a bit peckish I grab a tomato (usually roma cause they're not tiny like the cherries or hug like the other ones) cut out the little bit of green at the top toss some crazy salt on it and munch away. ^_^

Truly with all my recent cooking and such I've found I'm digging less and less into those things that I was binging on before because I wasn't eating properly. But this semester I've been able to keep up on it. I eat when I'm hungry and I've been able to keep my eating out down to a minimum by cooking as much as possible. And this has helped. I've made stir fries, fish, soups, and lots of other things. Though tonight I think I'm gonna go out. I'm too tired to cook and there's a little mongolian grill down the street from work that makes really good food.

Lately I've also collected the supplies necessary for me to start growing herbs again. When I lived in Tennessee I used to have a little herb garden out back of the house and boy did the Basil make sitting out there a joy. And good lord was the food mom cooked with those herbs delicious. We had enough parsley alive to use it fresh in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I was never able to recreate my results because since then I haven't had an outdoor area where I could plant my herbs. And I still don't, but I'm gonna try to grow some in pots here in my apartment, I have two windowsills that are perfect for it since I'm on the third floor and there's no way anyone can get up to the windows in the back unless they have climbing gear.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for intuitive eating! Once you take the emotion out of food, intuitive eating is MUCH simpler to do, because you're listening to your body, not your emotions.

    I love tomatoes too. Especially the little grape ones or the yellow "egg" shaped ones. I get them from the heritage tomato stand at my local farmers markets, which start up again this week, yay!

    ReplyDelete