Monday, January 11, 2010

Stuck in the Middle

So I'm stuck in the middle of what may turn out to be a messy divorce. My friend and her husband (my boyfriends brother) have recently been having trouble. Mostly because of her. She got it in her head that she doesn't love him and wants a divorce. He's talked her into finishing her schooling (basically till after this semester) before actually divorcing, but she refuses to even try to work it out. And this makes me so mad because I think she's making a huge mistake. Her husband is a great guy and he's bending over backwards trying to find a way to fix things. And she keeps pointing out his 'flaws' to him and saying he refuses to change, well she refuses to change! She refuses to go out and find new friends in a new town. She refuses to go out and join a group where she might meet people. Which in turn makes her miserable, and she gets snippy with him and then he gets snippy right back, which makes her mad and so she goes all bitchy on him.

Ugh, and honestly I want to side with him because I think she's making a mistake and jumping the gun. Oh and did I mention that for the last 4 months he's been in Iraq? So they got married in the summer just before he got shipped out and now she wants a divorce. Somehow I think she's just lonely and misses him.

GRRR! I'm so mad about all this because they're both my friends and I hate seeing them in this kind of place in their lives! I feel bad for her hubby because he's the one getting the short end of the stick with all this, but I don't want to not be friends with her. I care about them both equally but it's hard when you see one hurting the other so much over something that may not even be real but something that only she perceives as real.

And I'm probably not making much sense. I'm frustrated and upset that I'm in the middle of this, but because of my position as a friend to both parties is stretching me a bit thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment