Sunday, September 6, 2009

Recent Devlopements

So, just last week my boyfriends mom made some comments about my weight based on a photo he sent her. Now, she's never met me in person and the photo was 4 years old back before I was diagnosed with PCOS. So I look larger and not very feminine in the photo. I was also in Germany at the time and running around in partially in ruins castle. So I was in comfortable clothes rather than nice ones. But still this got to me and I started thinking in the back of my head that I wasn't good enough for him.

Now mind you my boyfriend has no idea his mom has said this and I'm not gonna tell him about it because it would cause tension. His brother is the one that told me about it, but he's always been very supportive of our relationship. In fact as he put it, I'm good enough because I've been able to get his brother to fly halfway around the world to see me. My boyfriend is in South Korea right now with the Air Force.

Anyway I was able to talk with his brother last night about my doubts since I'm not supposed to talk about it with his fiance (my best friend) or my boyfriend for obvious reasons. And he helped me through it a little bit with the previously mentioned schpeal about my getting his brother out of his shell. But he also assured me that their mom would love me once she met me. That she was just worried about her son finding someone he could grow old with.

But I did talk about this with some of the ladies on the PCOS group I'm a part of and one of them pointed me towards her fat acceptance blog along with several others. I read through it and found that I have felt or am feeling a lot of the same things these other women like me are feeling. So it's prompted me to start up this blog to kind of write out my journey towards acceptance of myself. I'll probably end up venting on here on and whine and just be an all around pain in the neck, but I can hope that it'll help others or even just help me if no one else reads it.

No comments:

Post a Comment