Friday, September 11, 2009

Back in School and Surprisingly Happy

I started back for fall semester this week. Normally I cringe whenever I walk down the halls at the sight of all these size 2 girls draped over guys arms, and doing the whole giggle and be shallow routine. Mind you not all the girls are like that, but it just seems like I see so many of them. Well that was last year. ^_^ This year I walk down the halls and am able to ignore them. Why? Because someone calls me beautiful, and I believe him.

Last year I'd sit and feel miserable at tables in the cafe as all around me it seemed like all these girls, who I thought were prettier than me due to the fact that they were all thin, had someone that thought they were desirable. Mind you I wasn't envious of any one of them in particular over any one guy. I can honestly say I haven't seen one of these girls with someone that I would like to be involved with in any way. I just felt terrible over the fact that they seemed to be able to find a person who was interested in them while I was stuck in a corner.

This year, I really don't care. It very rarely crosses my mind to be unhappy while I'm on campus anymore, because I know when I go home I have something to look forward too. And this semester especially I have something to look forward to as my boyfriend is coming to see me in October over my birthday. So more often than not I'm not thinking about how these skinny girls are all prettier than I am, I'm thinking about when he's coming to see me or just thinking about him in general. So I usually end up walking around between classes with a goofy grin on my face.

So yeah this isn't exactly about weight, but when someone says you're gorgeous and you can believe them, it's a good feeling and can change your entire outlook. It gives you the confidence you need to lift your head high and basically tell society's idea of pretty to shove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment