Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Food is Not the Enemy

So food really isn't the enemy for larger men and women. It's their lack of self confidence. Now mind you at the moment I'm having problems with a picky stomach, but food isn't the enemy. Understandably people believe that food is the root of all their problems when they're fat, but truly it's not. Over the past few weeks I've been following what is called "Intuitive eating", basically I eat what I feel like when I feel like it. I want ice cream I have ice cream. I want an orange I have an orange. It's whatever sounds good to me at the time. And I've slowly begun figuring out what my body is wanting from me.

For example, late last week I bought a pizza, just plain cheese, no topping or anything. I have yet to eat more than three slices of it because everytime I think about eating it, my stomach turns. But the instant I think about eating some of that meatball soup I have in the freezer, my stomach grumbles at me. Or if I make a quick tuna salad sandwich m stomache is relatively happy. So at this point my body doesn't want greasy, oily foods, it wants things that are light. And for the past few days I've been craving food from this wonderful italian place but I really don't need to spend the money on going out. So I'm stuck trying to make do with what I have. So far I'm not so sure how well that's worked out. But I am learning. And I've found now that I've started enjoying my food and what it tastes like, I've stopped really thinking about what other people have to say or what they think about what I'm eating. And the truth is other people really don't care unless they have no life of their own.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent!

    But remember, if you do feel like that pizza or ice-cream or whatever, it's ok. Sometimes you will.

    You're doing so well with your FA journey!

    ReplyDelete