Saturday, September 19, 2009

Of Corsetry and Boffers

So my boyfriend almost got in trouble this past week. It all started with a new guy at work wanting to start up a LARP (Live Action Role-Playing game) group over on the Osan Airbase. Well the rest of the guys in his shop were all of the opinion that people who play LARP's are...uninteresting. Now I play a LARP. It's called Amtgard. We hit each other with padded PVC pipes, padded bamboo, and padded graphite cores. So he feels the need to speak up and say something about this. So he does. Well his MSgt was there at the time and asked him, "How the hell do you know someone in Montana when you've never been there?!" to which my boyfriend replied, "Well Sir, there's this thing called the internet..." Fortunately his MSgt has a sense of humor and laughed.

So this lead to a conversation about corsetry. Now, since most of the game I play is based in a fantasy/medieval type world, corsets are fairly common among the ladies that play. Yes we go beat on guys with sticks wearing corsets. It's fun, you should try it some time! We count boobs as distraction armor. XD So today as I was playing I brought my camera along and took photos and let other people take photos, and got some good ones for him to show these silly men what LARP's are all about.

Alright now on to the main event of the day! I finished "Lessons from the Fat-O-Sphere" yesterday. Awesome read, I'm gonna suggest it again to anyone who reads this. These ladies are so right in their thinking. It makes so much sense what they have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment