Saturday, October 23, 2010

Jeans Jeans Jeans...Pants

Today I'm going to get upon my soap box for a minute about something many women have, a pair of jeans or pants. Recently I had about 3 pairs of jeans or pants get rips. One of them in places that it's going to be virtually impossible to fix unless I have an industrial strength sewing machine (rip is right on the edge of a back pocket). So I went out and got one new pair of jeans at walmart to keep myself clothed until I got the pairs I can fix fixed.

Well, what did I find at walmart? Every single pair of jeans in the women's section, and the larger women's section in particular, had a 'slimming panel'. Now I don't know about you ladies but I really really don't want certain parts of me squished, and that's basically what a slimming panel does, it squishes in the bits other people find offensive because you're fat. But they don't squish in all the bits that people find offensive. On top of that they made me feel a bit crappy because the slimming panel is there it makes the jeans fit differently and therefore I needed a bigger size. I got over that real quick though. And there are certain times of the month when having those bits squished is very uncomfortable, if you follow me ladies.

Now I really really really needed these jeans otherwise I'd be down to just three pairs of run around jeans/pants. And since I don't do laundry as often as I should I tend to need all my jeans in working order. So I bought a pair...and the make me a little irate every single time I wear them. I know if you don't absolutely love something don't buy it but, walmart is the only place I can find a pair of jeans that fit that don't cost me $40 a pop. So I have slim panel jeans. But...why the hell can't walmart carry normal jeans without the whole slim thing! I really really just wanted a normal pair of jeans! Curse you walmart! And curse you other stores for not having reasonable prices!!

2 comments:

  1. If it won't alter the fit of the jeans, why not cut the slimming panel out altogether? Living400lbs (I think) blogged about this and she's thinking about turning the panels into interior pockets (she said the slimming panels don't really slim). I think she got her jeans at Fashion Bug, and the slimming panels were a flimsy lycra/spandex blend that didn't really do anything - more like it was there to make you feel like the jeans were slimming you but they really weren't doing anything of the kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked at the jeans and there is no actual 'panel' the jeans are just cut so they fit tighter in certain areas giving you the feeling that it's 'slimming' but it's not anything but tighter.

    ReplyDelete