Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bullying: It Doesn't Just Happen in School

The other day my dear friend over at Fat Heffalump posted about bullying, and how it's glossed over on the internet. Particularly she was referring to what are commonly referred to as 'Trolls'. People who browse through blogs/articles/website etc. and leave comments that are just plane mean.

For those of us involved in FA this includes those people who post that they're, 'concerned for your health.' But then there's the other who spew vitriol and hate calling us all sorts of names and suggesting we die. But people brush it off when we complain about them, saying it's our fault for putting ourselves out there. But if someone said this to someone in public, like on the street, everyone would think they're just horrible.

Now while I was at work today I was listening to my ipod, and what comes up but a song I just downloaded this morning called Words by Train. This song immediately put me in mind of my friend's post. So I want to share. Not exactly about bullying but it still hits the nail pretty hard on the head. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my lord, that's a beautiful, beautiful song. I'm downloading it to my iPod AND posting it to my tumblr, to dedicate it to anyone who's suffered at the words of haters and bullies.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete