Monday, July 19, 2010

HAPPY MONDAY!

So this is the first time in a very very long time...possibly the very first time ever for me. I actually had a really good Monday. Normally I'm grouchy and lethargic, not that I'm not lethargic every other day of the week but, today I was perky and awake and very happy. There are several reasons for this.

1. My boyfriend finally got his tickets for his transfer, and as of August 3rd he will be in California instead of South Korea. This means that if he feels comfortable enough with how he settles in there I may be driving out to see him. It's cheaper for me to drive than fly because of the location of his brother and his brother's wife who happens to be my best friend, right around Salt Lake City which means I can stop at their house for the night instead of getting a hotel room.

2. For the first time in a long time I woke up and went through my day with very little knee/lower leg pain. Now the reason for this pain is that I have/had an enflamed knee. Meaning the muscles around my knee cap swelled up with overuse causing the muscles down the front of my leg to tighten and hurt. I didn't take any Ibuprofen today to deal with the swelling. I didn't put any ice on it, and I've felt really good all day. There was a twinge or two through out the day but nothing like what's been happening regularly since the beginning of April. Now that the day is almost over and I went to work and cleaned (highly physically intensive work being a janitor) it's starting to hurt a tiny bit and I can feel that pulling sensation along the front of my calf. So I'll probably ice it and take some iburprofen before bed.

Now some of you may have read that I've had knee problems in the past. And the reason for my long recovery from this issue is that I haven't been doing my exercises as religiously as I should have been. But after the 4th of July I started doing them much more religiously.

 But yes happy Monday my dears! May you all find something to smile about! (And yes I realize it's technically Tuesday when I post this, I'm up a wee bit late)

No comments:

Post a Comment