Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blaming your Body

So I saw an ad on my facebook page...and it said that scientists say you should blame any discomfort you feel from wearing high heels on your rigid tendons. I'm sorry but it is not your foot's fault that it isn't meant to have the heel 4 inches higher than your toes.

This in turn got me thinking about other things people blame and hate their body for. Fat being one of the big ones. Honestly I've had issues with my body for a long time. Mostly all of it's in my head because my body...heck everyone's body is an awesome piece of work. It puts up with you when you call it dirty names and starve it. And it allows you to move and feel! It is a complicated piece of equipment (a not so apt description but it works sort of)! You wouldn't treat a $15,000 sewing machine the way you do your body. You wouldn't treat a power tool the way you do your body. Heck you wouldn't treat a dog they way you do your body!

So stop blaming it if it's not a size 10/12/whatever. Stop blaming it if your feet hurt after you wear high heels for three hours. Stop blaming it for it's blemishes and aches, because that's all part of the package. Love your body, pamper it every once in a while. If your body hurts, stop and rest or go take a bubble bath! Or if you have the money for it get a massage! Your body is irreplaceable take care of it and you'll feel so much better!

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister!!! Fantastic post hon.

    You know those anti-fat facebook ads? I report them as offensive. Every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should do that too because they really are offensive. And they tend to be very annoying and full of BS.

    ReplyDelete