Thursday, May 27, 2010

Should Fat Women Wear Short Skirts?

This is a question I've asked myself a million times. Should fat women wear short skirts? And at this point my answer is yes. Now I'm not talking like two inches below your hips short, but I do mean a little above the knee. Now my personal experience with short skirts is...well rather limited. You see I own several short skirts, but I can pretty much count the number of times I've worn them on one hand. But today I felt like dressing up and one of my long skirts that I was gonna wear has seen better days. And the other skirt I have that stops just below the knee is in need of ironing. So...I pulled out the shortest skirt I own. And I'm still looking down at my legs going, "Wow those are white!"

Now as I said before the skirt shouldn't be so short that you are threatening to flash people when you go walking out the door, but sometimes something a little shorter is very liberating. But I still feel really self-conscious when I go out in anything that goes above my knees even if I wear a pair of thigh highs that look completely awesome! I still look around going, "Is anyone staring at me?"

I've also often read/been told, that my walking out the door in anything other than a sack is a statement. So does a short skirt make me a loud mouth?

2 comments:

  1. Wear whatever you like* - body size and shape doesn't come into it. Fat women can wear exactly the same things as thin women if they so choose too.

    *caveat - I believe that one has a responsibility to cover one's genitalia and breasts in public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I do not want to see that no matter what your size!

    ReplyDelete