Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fat Women Talking

Recently I started listening toTwo Whole Cakes Fatcast (http://fatcast.twowholecakes.com/ ) with Marianne Kirby and Lesley Kinzel. And I can't tell you how much I look forward to each new episode. Both of these women are very entertaining to listen to even when they're talking about the heavier (haha) issue of health care and doctors.  They have made me laugh at least once with each and every episode, and they have a lot of good advice for all fat women.

Their latest episodes were about Fatshion. And I can really connect with this. They talked about how even where they live, and I think they both live in larger cities, there are only two or three stores that they can shop at. I live in Billings Montana. Not a huge city but not small by any means. And we don't have one adult plus sized store. We have Debs, Maurices, and C. J. Banks. Debs and Maurices caters to munchkins, and my 60 year old mother wouldn't shop at C. J. Banks. So I fall into the category of women who don't have access to plus sized clothes unless I shop online. And I hate shopping online unless I know that what I'm buying is gonna fit me.

They also talked about price, and what kind of fabrics most stores use for plus sized clothes.

As a result of these two episodes I also went to eShakti.com and I am in love with their clothes. They have some of the cutest dresses and shirts and just clothes in general.

So that is me gushing over these things for a little bit.

4 comments:

  1. Aren't Marianne and Lesley gorgeous? I am so glad they have jumped into podcasting, I'm loving every new cast.

    You might like LucieLu (www.lucielu.com - I think)

    There are heaps of others - iGiGi is gorgeous too. Maybe I should do a blog post on these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. iGiGi is too expensive for me and LucieLu I looked at and only like one or two things. And right now I can't even buy anything from eShakti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Navy is cheap, but so are the clothes so be warned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only ever get sweatshirts or tank tops from there. Their other clothes don't fit me right, and I honestly don't like the styles.

    ReplyDelete