Friday, December 18, 2009

How are you supposed to feel pretty...

...when the people who are supposed to love you unconditionally are constantly calling you fat and ugly. Almost every time I've dressed up since I hit puberty this line or something close to it hasn't been far from my father's lips, "You'd look so pretty if you just lost your weight." And everytime I talk to either of my parents they go on and on about my dad having lost weight, or about this and that person who's lost weight. And they tell me I could too if I tried. All I have to do is make "lifestyle changes".

And what makes this worse is I'm supposed to go to my sister's wedding tomorrow. Guess what line she won't ever get from my father. I dread the day I get married because I know he's probably gonna pull that line on me again.

1 comment:

  1. There is only one way to combat this... realise that those comments have no value. They're worthless statements that are not true.

    You are beautiful at whatever size/shape you are at any given moment. Never forget that.

    ReplyDelete