Saturday, December 5, 2009

Foot In Their Mouth

So I had a really bad night last night. And I hadn't vented anywhere about something my mother said over the phone a few weeks ago. Well we were talking about clothes, and as I'm getting to an age where Jeans and T-shirts aren't good enough and I need dress pants and other nice clothes, mom wanted to know what size I was. Well I haven't really gone shopping for clothes in a while at any place that sells good quality nice clothes so I didn't know. So she asks me how much I way. I told her 230's most of the time. And here's what she said "Wow, your dad weighs less than you do now!"

Way to make your daughter feel good mom. So she starts in "Oh I didn't mean it like that!" Yeah you did mom. It's not like I don't have enough self confidence issues going to my sisters wedding over Christmas, but now I get to be the fattest one in the family. Lovely, great, someone grab me a damned paper bag please.

Now I've always hated weddings. Hate going to them, hate sitting at the receptions being the only one bored out of my mind while everyone else goes running onto the dance floor. A. I don't dance in public B. No one would want to dance with me at weddings anyway so screw it, C. I hate getting the looks. You know the looks, the glance between you and your sisters weighing, measuring. And the inevitable thought, "How did they end up with that when the other three turned out so well?" And it doesn't help that I know some of my future brother-in-laws friends are assholes to women. So if I hear so much as one comment I'll end going to hide so I don't ruin my perfect sisters perfect day.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh the old family "out with it" moment. Aren't they fun? NOT!

    Go to the wedding and have fun, and screw what anyone else says or thinks. Either ignore them, or simply say "What does my body have to do with you?"

    Or go to something else and have fun. Live your life to it's fullest, and don't let anyone else drag you down.

    Funny thing is - I was heavier than my father before I got fat. Cos he's a scrawny, short little weed!

    ReplyDelete